When it comes to needle felting, the only limit is your imagination! Join master felters Jennifer and Melissa VanSant as they teach you how to make sweet woodland creatures. With a little bit of wool batting, a couple of felting needles, and a foam pad, you’ll be able to create a whole world of whimsical wool animals.
In this tutorial, the VanSant sisters of Going Gnome will teach you tips and tricks used by the experts to give your work lifelike polish. Your finished fox and owls will not only be irresistibly cute but sturdy enough to withstand the handling that these enchanting figures invite.
With this video workshop, you’ll learn:
- The difference between batting and wool roving
- How to create bodily definition in your structural, felted forms
- Techniques for creating fine, straight lines to add dimension
- How to attach and secure separate felted pieces together without having a seam
- The importance of felting hard and tight to give forms longevity and playability