The blending board is the perfect tool for creating exciting, multi-coloured rolags for spinning, or batts for felting, and it’s lots of fun to use. It differs from other carding tools in that it allows you to ‘paint’ with fibre over a large, flat area of carding cloth to create controlled layers of fibre. The fibres are not stretched a great deal which gives greater definition of colour for maximum effect in your spinning or felting. The blending board is great for making self-striping yarns, or using up small amounts of fibre left over from other projects. Any fibre that takes your fancy can be added –wool sliver, uncarded wool staples, silk, alpaca, mohair, Tencel, or some Angelina for that extra special effect.
- Portable - you can work with it on a table, on your lap, and even pack it up and take it on holiday.
- Light weight
- Quick and easy to assemble
- Convenient carry handle
- Lacquered finish
- Assembly required
- Fine 108 point cloth
- The card cloth has wire teeth with a special protective coating and a flexible rubber backing for long life
- Large 30 x 30cm (12x12") carding area
- Three-position adjustable keel. You can work with it on a table, on your lap, and even pack it up and take it on holiday. For a comfortable angle when working on a table, use the keel in position one. To use the blending board on your lap, loosen the keel bolt a little, position the keel between your knees and rotate the board to your preferred position.